Environment, Occupational Safety and Energy Policy of Isabellenhütte Heusler GmbH & Co. KG
The improvement of our competitive performance, industrial safety and the protection of our employees’ health at work, as well as the respectful treatment of the environment and economical energy usage are an integral part of our corporate policy.
Therefore, we commit ourselves particularly to
- a careful handling of natural resources,
- the continuous improvement of workplace health and safety, of environmental protection and of energy-related performances,
- the regular review and assessment of applicable legal provisions, and
- an open dialog with authorities and the public.
For this reason, we have established an environmental and energy management system according to the requirements of the
DIN EN ISO 14001 and DIN EN ISO 50001 standards in order to support us in our intention to
- use machines, devices and work materials exclusively as intended and to evaluate them with respect to their influence on the environment, industrial safety and energy efficiency,
- inform and instruct our employees is such a way that they are informed about all possible hazards and burdens,
- implement organisational precautions so that we can take quick and correct countermeasures in the event of an emergency, and to review the causes in order to prevent future emergency situations,
- promote the environmental awareness of all employees and to involve them actively,
- design our products and production processes as environmental-friendly and energetically sensible as possible, and to ensure the highest levels of industrial safety protection,
- optimise the use of resources, the generation of emissions and waste with the help of business tools,
- make the compliance with our corporate policy an important criteria for the selection of our suppliers, contractors and service providers.
In September 2013, our company was successfully certified according to the above-mentioned international standards by an accredited supervisory company. You can view or download the valid certificates here.