OPTIMISATION OF PRECISE TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT
Thermocouples, which are mainly used in the industry and medical
engineering, use the so-called Seebeck effect. Two different electrical
conductors (legs) are connected to a circuit. If the junctions of the
two different conductors have two different temperature levels, a
thermoelectric voltage is generated. This voltage can be converted
for temperature measurement purposes.
Our broad range of thermoelectric alloys comprises the types N, K, J,
T, E, L and U. Furthermore, we produce alloys for compensation leads
for the types B, C, D, R and S.
Type K is the thermocouple which is most frequently used. For
this type we recommend our ISATHERM® PLUS as the positive
leg and our ISATHERM® MINUS as the negative leg. Beside this
Type N (Nicrosil-Nisil) becomes more and more significance. Since
the standards and requirements of the industry are becoming more
and more complex, we are optimising the common types up to one
half or one third of class 1 (according to IEC 60584).
Thermoelectric alloys at a glance:
- Alloys for thermocouples, thermoelectric leads and compensation leads
- Temperature range from -40 °C to +1,200 °C
- Compliance with all common international standards
- With respect to precision, tolerance values that account for one third of class 1 in the IEC 60584 tolerance classes and a half of Special Tolerance in ASTM 230 are also permitted
- Special requirements with regard to thermoelectric voltage and dimensional tolerances or special thermoelectric voltages, e.g. for mineral-insulated wires, can also be fulfilled